Are you looking for the best electric shower to buy in 2017? Where in US, the electric shower is foreign to the Americans, here in UK, electric shower is an energy efficient approach towards a fresh and tidy bathing experience. Be it a fresh morning start or a tiring day at work, the first and foremost thing you look forward to is a stress relieving shower with the shower drizzles touching your bare skin and rejuvenating your body. Then there comes the various factors that you consider for choosing the good electric shower and with the best power shower there comes various factors into consideration ranging from the pulsating jets to the temperature of water. The very advantage of preferring an electric shower over other showers is the ability to heat the necessary amount of water required with the cold water readily supplied without wasting much energy. Further, to heat a minimum amount of water, it takes lesser energy, is not it?
We have researched every product to the best of our experience.
The Electric Shower Specialists, if you would like to name them,have put the best of their effort to personally weigh the pros and cons of each product and put them into categories. We hope that the product reviews help you to quickly decide and settle for the electric shower you are looking for.
Best Electric Shower 2017
7.5 - 10.5 KW
9.5 - 10.5 KW
8.5 - 10.5 KW
8.5 - 9.5 KW
GROHE Tempesta 100
Bristan GLE105 B
If looking for a budget shower that satisfies the basic need of an electric shower, go for Triton Seville Electric Shower. This shower comes in various power ranges, ranging from 7.5kW to 10.5kW. The price variation from one power specification to the other is quite reasonable, so our suggestion is, go for the highest rated power shower for a luxurious flow experience. Remember, the higher the kW, the faster the heating up of the water and the higher the flow rate.
Now this electric shower being a budget shower, is not equipped with a phased shutdown or a push start/stop button. The Triton basic kit includes the rising rail kit with soap dish and an adjustable shower head holder.
- Dial temperature control for setting the preferred showering temperature
- Multiple cable and water entry points for easy replacement
- 5 shower head spray patterns
- Minimum running pressure/ flow for 10.5kW is 1 Bar at8
L/min and 1.5 Bar at 11L/min
- 2 Years full parts guarantee (for UK power specification only)
A budget electric shower under £60 with features as worthy as a £100 electric shower
Rotary power control from cold to eco to high
5 shower head spray pattern with dial temperature control
Equipped with an outlet sensor to protect the system from over heating
Instant heating up of water- value for the price paid
A 2 years full parts & labour guarantee
Replacement of the components require re-plumbing and re-wiring
9.5kW or higher requires a minimum of 10mm cabling
Also Read: 8.5KW Electric Shower Reviews
You wonder why did I mention aesthetic when look is not the prime function of an electric shower, it has to meet your showering needs too, is not it? Then let us elaborate the features of the elegant Creda 10.5 kW shower. Now you have a posh bathroom and you are looking for an exact chrome electric shower to match the décor of your bathroom but you find showers that are not all chrome, what did you get for the price paid?
Creda’s 10.5kW shower gives a modern look to your bathroom with the right pressure and temperature delivered to you at a price that’s a little higher than a budget shower but much less than an expensive shower. Along with the rotary temperature dial this unit has push button for power settings and phased shut down button alongside the dial. The phased shut down ensures extra safety to the users which is an important feature as it goes missing in budget electric showers. Moreover, the push button power selection ensures ease in use and temperature selection. No matter how much we say, ease in the use of technology is the foremost criteria that must be met.
- All chrome electric shower for enhancing the modern look of your bathroom
- ON/OFF push button for ease in use and suitable temperature selection
- Rotary temperature dial to switch from cold, medium and high power selection
- Phased shutdown to prevent scale formation on heating coil years manufacturer’s guarantee
All chrome look for a modern bathroom
Phased shutdown for preventing scale formation on the heating coil due to hard water
Push start/stop button for the ease and comfort in operation
Eco power setting for summer which reduces the power while maintaining the warmth of the water
Durable product with a life of 12-15 years
Operating the shower on high mode heats the water too hot for the skin to tolerate
Less pressure delivery when operated on medium power
To know more about the Triton Electric Shower in detail, watch the embedded video below:
If you rely on our review then this electric shower best enhances the aesthetic look of your bathroom. Like every product comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, this shower’s only demerit happens to be the temperature at the high mode operation which is a little uncomfortable for the skin to bear.Moreover, we say this again, no matter how much you deny,ease and comfort at operating the technology is our foremost priority and that’s the very reason we switch our needs to sophisticated products and trust us, you won’t be disappointed after using this sophisticated electric shower.
When it comes to Triton, we trust the name blindly for being the heart of Britain’s Bathroom since 40 years. What’s new in this model of Triton electric shower? Well, it falls between Creda’s 10.5 kW Electric Shower and Triton’s Seville Electric Shower.The basic showering experience is delivered by Triton’s Seville Model and Creda’s all chrome finish provides a unique look to your bathroom. What if we say the Triton’s Martinique is a combination of compact design that is less obstructive and boosted with the best performance?
The Martinique model is a sight for sore eyes, the beautiful slimline electric shower with its stylish chrome fascia gives a complimentary look to your bathroom. Keeping the look aside and emphasizing on the performance, Triton is known for its quality and the easy operation at the reach of your hands like the push button power functionality allows you to operate among cold, economy and high. Not only this but the start/stop push button helps you to save the last setting of shower preference making all the luxury of showering at the reach of your fingertips.
The 5 spray settings viz. jet, blast, spray, rain and drench that enhances your shower experience. Adding more to the features, it has a rotary dial for choosing the ideal temperature, low pressure LED indicator that alerts you when pressure level drops and limescale resistant shutdown that helps to prevent the limescale buildup for the user’s safety.
- Compact stylish chrome fascia and pristine white body for a modern looking bathroom
- Push Start/Stop button for saving the last shower setting
- Push buttons for power settings viz. cold, economy and high
- Phased shutdown or limescale resistant shutdown
- 5 showerhead spray settings- jet, blast, spray, rain and drench
- Rotary temperature control dial
2 years full part and labour guarantee
Compact design that takes much lesser space compared to other electric shower
Push button control for ease in operation
Phased Shutdown to prevent limescale build up for user safety
Low water pressure LED indicator
Rotary temperature control for setting the preferred showering temperature
Not suitable for homes with low water pressure
Our shower specialists took a hard time to carefully examine this particular product. Triton has always been a best friend to your bathroom. About Martinique, we personally recommend this electric shower because all the features that falls under the category of an excellent shower is equipped in this compact electric shower. Neither does it fail aesthetically nor does it fail in performance. For people having low water pressure, this too is not a problem, you can purchase a shower pump to boost the water pressure and here you go for a luxurious spa like experience.
The Mira Sport Electric Shower is probably the bestselling electric shower in the UK due to its reliability and product efficiency. The Mira Sport Shower has received excellent reviews and has occupied a space in the user’s heart. It has been proven to last 50% longer than competitors. Want to know how? Here’s our review:
It is an affordable and long lasting shower due to the Mira ClearscaleTM and Sensi-floTM Technology. Sensi-floTM Technology prevents the flow from being obstructed due to scaling and Mira ClearscaleTM clears the scaling that helps the shower to last longer and gives a better performance. The Opti-floTM delivers 50% more water in summer. Other features include a four spray shower head for comfortable showering experience. This shower is different from the others in terms of the minimum maintained pressure as low as 0.7 bar. Homes with low water pressure do not need to scour the world for the best electric shower because Mira Sport has already been the answer to your prayer. Go for it!
- Manual Temperature control and delayed shutdown
- Advanced pressure stabilized temperature control.
- Phased shutdown flushes excess hot water for the safety of the next user.
- Sensi-floTM switches off the heat when the flow is hindered and ClearscaleTM prevents scalding
- Opti-floTM ensures optimum flow of water throughout the year
- Easy Installation
- 2 years manufacturer’s guarantee
Separate power flow and temperature control
Hard water supply in areas won’t affect the shower due to the Sensi-floTM technology that prevents scalding
Push start/stop button for the ease and comfort in operation
Good pressure delivery for areas with less than 1 bar water pressure
Opti-flo TM makes optimum use of water and delivers up to50% more water in the summer
At low pressure areas, the flow is not that strong.
At high limescale water conditions, you need to manually descale the shower head on a monthly for increasing its life
Every electric shower has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. For Mira Sport Electric shower that is highly suitable for areas with low water pressure condition, there comes a disadvantage too. If the input is low, the output would obviously be low. You can use a shower pump to boost the pressure.Moreover, not only for this electric shower but for other electric showers too you need to descale the shower head regularly for along life of the product. I know, it mentions about the Sensi-flo TM that prevents scalding but you too wipe clean the screen of your smartphone no matter how elegantly dust proof it is! Go for the Mira Sport 9.0 kW shower for its ultimate reliability and usability.
Grohe Tempesta is approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute for passing the Consumer Quality Assessment test which means the product has been rigorously tested and has been accredited as the most easy to use and responsive shower. Grohe Tempesta comes in three color variants to compliment your bathroom walls namely, white/sandstone, white/frosted granite, white/night-time grey. The color of the casing remains white where as the color of the rotary dial area comes in three beautiful variants.
The spray pattern of the Grohe Tempesta is amazing. The powerful spray soothes your aching body, it really helps you de- stress yourself. Moreover, it comes with optimal water distribution technology, limescale removal shower head, shock proof silicone ring to protect the shower head. The Grohe Shower provides a powerful and evenly dispersed water flow that enlightens your mood once you step into the shower. This Shower is truly worthy for having the best jet spray available from covering a wide area rain to a focused jet spray.
- 3 different shower head spray pattern: Rain, SmartRain and Jet
- Grohe Speed Clean Feature enables shower head limescale removal in a single wipe
- Shock proof rings made up of silicone to protect the shower head and tray
- Grohe Starlight Surface makes the casing durable and scratch-proof
- Zooming from extra wide rain to focused jet spray
- 2 years warranty on the electric shower unit and 5 years warranty on hand shower, rail and hose
Strong jet spray delivery on water pressure between 1.0 bar to 10.0 bar
3 spray settings viz. Rain, SmartRain and Jet
Scratch Resistant finish and shock proof silicone covering on the shower head to prevent damage if it falls
Quick and hassle free Installation
A little expensive for the features provided is less than other electric showers of the same range
If you rely on our review then this electric shower best enhances the aesthetic look of your bathroom. Like every product comes with its own set of advantages anddisadvantages, this shower’s only demerit happens to be the temperature at the high mode operation which is a little uncomfortable for the skin to bear. Moreover, we say this again,no matter how much you deny, ease and comfort at operating the technology is our foremost priority and that’s the very reason weswitch our needs to sophisticated products and trust us, youwon’t be disappointed after using this sophisticated electric shower.
Are you looking forward to replace your current shower with an elegant looking shower to compliment your bathroom? Are you worried about fitting problems that would arise due to the holes left behind by your old shower? If yes then you have landed in the right place and this Bristan GLE105 B 10.5 kW Glee Electric Shower will retrofit other electric showers with ease. The adjustable riser rail covers the disarray of the old electric shower very easily without retiling.
In addition to that, this contemporary looking electric shower has some advanced features offered to you at a very commendable price. Priced under £110, Bristan GLE105 B has a digital temperature display and many other features to make you feel the luxury of showering. The push Start/Stop button helps you to retain the last used shower setting. The rotary temperature dial helps you to choose the desired temperature for showering that is displayed by a LED display. In addition to that, it has three power settings viz. Cold, Eco and Hot. Phased shutdown ensures that the hot water is completely drained from the shower head to prevent limescale buildup. .Push fit swivel inlet elbow pipe connection enables plumbing from 5 different directions thus making it the most flexible replacement to your old shower.
The next amazing feature of Bristan GLE105 is, it has a TCD (Temperature Control Device) that switches off the power to the heating coil once the temperature gets too high and the water inside the heater gets too hot and the TCD will automatically resume once the temperature subsides. Equipped is the best features, this electric shower is a modern electric shower for your modern bathroom.
- ON/OFF push button for ease in use and suitable temperature selection
- 5 electrical connection points and 5 water inlet points
- Digital temperature display
- Rotary temperature dial to switch from cold, eco to high power selection
- Phased shutdown flushing all the hot water in order to prevent scalding
- Temperature Control Device (TCD) to automatically stop the power supply when the temperature gets too high
- Works at a minimum operating pressure of 0.7 bar and a maximum of 10.0 bar
- Multi mode spray with rub clean nozzles
LED temperature display for the desired temperature setting
Multi mode spray to enhance your showering experience
Works on low pressure areas having pressure as low as 0.7bar
Three power settings for the desired showering experience namely cold, eco and hot
Push start/stop button to save your last shower setting
The digital temperature indicator in certain cases malfunctions after a certain period of time
Bristan Glee comes with features of a near perfect electricshower. The shower is affordable and moreover it’s laden withfeatures that are mostly found in electric shower priced above£200. If you are looking for a replacement to your old showerwithout having to retile, this Glee model fits easily hiding all themess left behind by your old shower. This shower is a value formoney! Trust us!
Now you might have been sure by the third electric shower review of the Triton shower that it’s undoubtedly one of the best and the most selling electric shower of Britain. The ease of installation, the affordability and the reliability of the Triton electric shower makes it one of the best and most preferred electric showers. Triton T80Z is priced quite low compared to its features. It comes with 8 water entry points and 6 cable entry points for ease in installation. It comes with a unique swing fit cable connection that’s pre-fitted to the left hand side of the T80Z model. The Swivel Fit technology facilitates the 180 degrees access for both left and right water pipe connection. The T80Z comes in power ranging from 7.5 kW to 10.5 kW.
The features include a rotary temperature dial for setting the desired temperature, three power settings dial to choose among, cold, eco and high. The start/stop button present at the bottom of the T80Z is used to retain your favorite shower setting. There’s a low pressure indicator just above temperature dial that warns the user with the red indicator if the pressure drops too low and switches off the heating element. You can choose from all white or chrome finish depending upon what look would suit your bathroom. This modern slimline electric shower has a 2 years manufacturer warranty to ensure that the product is build to last
- All chrome or White electric shower for enhancing the modern look of your bathroom
- ON/OFF push button to save your last used temperature and power setting
- 3 power control settings to choose among cold, eco and high.
- 5 function shower head
- 2 years manufacturer’s guarantee
Installation is quite easy and fits easily in the present holes of your old shower
Swivel water inlet connection enables flexibility of the water entry into the shower
A budget shower with a push start/stop button to retain the favorite shower setting
A stylish adjustable bracket riser rail
It takes a little bit of time to heat the water up
You need to clean the limescale build up manually and regularly if you have hard water in your locality.
Well, if you are looking for a budget electric shower that has aneasy fit provision then this Triton T80Z is definitely the shower foryou. Our specialists have always taken a special interest tocarefully examine the Triton electric showers and like other Tritonmodels, this T80Z has also not disappointed us. It comes with allthe features needed at your finger tips. The casing of the showercan look a little tacky but what can you expect out of a budgetshower? Keeping looks aside, this shower provides an excellentshowering experience and I am sure it won’t disappoint you if youare looking for a budget shower under £90.
Top 6 Factors to Keep in Mind before buying an Electric Shower:
Before you spend your money on buying an electric shower, make sure your cash is spent on buying the best electric shower that serves your choice of showering experience. We have listed the top six factors you need to consider before buying a good electric shower:
1. Cost of the Electric Shower: Cost is an important factor to keep in mind before making a purchase. There are many electric showers that are highly priced but have failed in performance and are not laden with the best of features. Make sure you compare the top 7 showers mentioned above carefully and settle for the best electric shower.
2. Type of Shower head: Though not a basic factor but the type of shower head decides the pattern of shower spray. If you are looking for wide variant of shower spray pattern then look for shower accordingly. There are electric showers which deliver three shower spray pattern and also 5 shower spray pattern. Don’t judge the spray by the quantity rather rely on the quality of spray and this quality is decided by the type of shower head. Also prefer the shower heads with easy to clean rubber nozzles.
3. Power Ratings: You might have noticed that each shower is accompanied by a suitable power rating. This power rating can be 7.5 kW, 8.5 kW, 9.5 kW, 10.5 kW etc. Higherthe power rating, faster is the water heat up and higher is the flow rate. The variation in price between different power ratings is quite reasonable so settle for a shower that suits your need.
4. Water Pressure at your Home: If water pressure at your home is too low, you may have to look for an electric shower that delivers great shower spray at the water pressure available at your area. If the shower fails to provide the desired pressure then you can add a shower pump to boost the water pressure.
5. Limescale Concentration in your Area: If the limescale concentration in your area is high, make sure you prefer a shower that is equipped with phased shutdown and limescale resistant fixtures. On the other hand, if the limescale buildup in your water is too low then don’t pay extra bucks for features that you don’t need at all. Go for an electric shower with a shower head that has easy to clean rubber nozzles at just an easy wipe. 6. Design Factor: Most of the electric showers have more or less the same features in the same price range then do not get confused as to which should the best one to buy? Go for a shower that is sleek and stylish, has compact design to occupy less space, has a touch of chrome finish and engineered plastic that has undergone rigorous testing. Not just the aesthetic look but also the durability is an important design consideration.
Our wide research on these electric showers and the presentation of the pros and cons of each shower individually along with a verdict from our shower specialists has not been futile. We tried our best to assemble our unequivocal reviews for the best electric shower 2017 to guide you better. I insist you to please spare a minute off your busy schedule to appreciate the effort of our team and let us know your experience in choosing the best electric shower for your home. All comments and suggestions are welcome!